Tadpole Goes To France

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
helenandpete
Under way

Tadpole Goes To France

Post by helenandpete » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:00 pm

Well thats it, "Tadpole" is sold and on her way to France. Peter and Jan took "Tadpole" from our home last weekend and started the trip to france (by road).
"Tadpole" has been a delight to sail and will be missed by both myself and my wife.
I have enjoyed the exciting sailing on the south coast and my wife will miss the weeks we have spent on Windermere.

We wish Peter and Jan all the very best and hope they enjoy sailing "Tadpole" as much as we did, I am sure she will look after them as she did us.

Now I turn my efforts to getting our new Dufour 2800 ready for the 2011 season and also look forward to taking her to France but unlike "Tadpole", "Chusanna" will go by sea.
Best Regards

Peter

Long Dogs
Under way

Post by Long Dogs » Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:57 am

"Tadpole" left England and "Long Dogs" arrived in France!

Many thanks to Peter for looking after "tadpole" and for his help and advice, and good luck with the new Dufour 2800 "Chusanna".

We may have changed the name of the Swift but at least we kept the owners name the same. We've added 2 dogs to the crew, apparently they were used as lookouts - see pic.

"Long Dogs" is being kept in France at the moment with plans for racing on our inland club water at St Nicolas de la Grave (the junction of the Tarn and Garonne rivers) and trips to the Med and Altlantic.

Changes so far are to rig for a spinnaker and now were in the middle of renewing the headlining. Not a pleasant job but the incentive is we can go sailing as soon as it's done!

Pete & Jan
Attachments
P1000489adjsml.jpg
Lookout - It's the Long Dogs
Pete & Jan