Googled! For or Against? Swift 18 Apus Melba Googled

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

Post by Elwyn Williams » Thu Aug 26, 2010 8:39 pm

Yes Apus Melba Caught on Google Maps (Street View) just been moved out onto the road ready for a trip to the Solent believed to be June Last year. Dose'nt look to bad for 27yrs old.
To view, see Google maps WR11 7RZ outside 28 (Not my address but fairly close just a good place to park for a few minutes)

Has anyone else been Googled?
Elwyn Williams

CHERRY PIE
Cruising

Post by CHERRY PIE » Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:12 am

Looks like new! Street view is great for avin a nosey around for all sorts of reasons...nice to see a Swift 18 on it.
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:26 pm

If you click on "ship cottage, Pont Rhythallt" (not my address by the way) then go north a little bit and turn around, you can see me on the fergie tractor I use to tow Seren about on (tenuous connection). I bet you're all dead interested!

Rondonay
Cruising

Post by Rondonay » Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:30 pm

Yes, Rondonay is on the mooring and I just looked over the hedge from the lane to see her. :0) Apus Melba looks very smart!

On 26 August 2010 21:39, Elwyn Williams <forum-general@swift18.org (forum-general@swift18.org)> wrote:
Yes Apus Melba Caught on Google Maps (Street View) just been moved out onto the road ready for a trip to the Solent believed to be June Last year. Dose'nt look to bad for 27yrs old.
To view, see Google maps WR11 7RZ outside 28 (Not my address but fairly close just a good place to park for a few minutes)

Has anyone else been Googled?

Elwyn Williams

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

Post by Elwyn Williams » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:05 pm

Terry wrote:If you click on "ship cottage, Pont Rhythallt" (not my address by the way) then go north a little bit and turn around, you can see me on the fergie tractor I use to tow Seren about on (tenuous connection). I bet you're all dead interested!
Head bowed with a brimmed hat on?
Elwyn Williams

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:44 pm

That's me.
Elwyn Williams wrote:
Terry wrote:If you click on "ship cottage, Pont Rhythallt" (not my address by the way) then go north a little bit and turn around, you can see me on the fergie tractor I use to tow Seren about on (tenuous connection). I bet you're all dead interested!

Phil De Troy
Making way

Post by Phil De Troy » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:17 pm

What about privacy. The Google car was visiting a village where I should never have been, at least my wife says so. Hope she will never have the bad idea to and see on Google Maps. Wait and see, this region is still not available on the Web.
----- Original Message -----
To: forum-general@swift18.org (forum-general@swift18.org)
Sent: Wednesday, September 01, 2010 11:44 PM
Subject: [Swift 18] Re: Googled! For or Against? Swift 18 Apus Melba Googled

That's me.

Elwyn Williams wrote: Terry wrote: If you click on "ship cottage, Pont Rhythallt" (not my address by the way) then go north a little bit and turn around, you can see me on the fergie tractor I use to tow Seren about on (tenuous connection). I bet you're all dead interested!

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
Phil De Troy www.MicroClass.org