what stove do you use

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
David mclardie
Under way

what stove do you use

Post by David mclardie » Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:17 am

Hi all thinking of putting a meths stove on my swift. The origo one looks good . what stove's do you use on your boat ...

Cheers dave

Kevinbwilko
Making way

Cooking

Post by Kevinbwilko » Sun Jul 11, 2010 12:10 pm

Hi, after spending ages looking at prices I decided to buy a single burner gas cylinder cooker for under £20 with 8 cannisters. All sorts of offers on ebay! Some people have said about dangers etc. I keep gas cylinder in gas bottle holder in rear locker until needed.

Rondonay
Cruising

what stove do you use

Post by Rondonay » Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:28 pm

Yes I have put in the Origo double burner. 2000? I think is the model numer. It is really excellent, but no grill of course.
I trimmed down the midships end of the old cooker housing and screwed in a varnished platform with fiddles to take the new cooker, it is a tad wider than the original gas one.
I have not screwed down the actual hob because it needs to open at rear hinges for removing the burners for filling.I lift it out of its fiddles for this operation.

Compass had the best price at the time, last summer.

On 28 June 2010 11:17, David mclardie <forum-general@swift18.org (forum-general@swift18.org)> wrote:
Hi all thinking of putting a meths stove on my swift. The origo one looks good . what stove's do you use on your boat ...

Cheers dave

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

David mclardie
Under way

Post by David mclardie » Mon Jul 12, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks for that i am still looking into it ....think the single would do me ..

thanks

Dave