Windex and topping line

Discussions related to the mast
Kevinbwilko
Making way

Windex and topping line

Post by Kevinbwilko » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:28 pm

Boat now in front garden after first year afloat Boo Hoo :(( (Thats being off the water NOT first year afloat, have had great fun!)
My son bought me a Windex but there is a steep slope on top of mast, any suggestions? Also I want to put a topping lift on as this year I have used the spinnaker pole uphaul from half way up the mast (it worked and I don't have a spinnaker!) Should it be a fixed length of rope or should it be on a pulley and somehow going through mast? I read somewhere there was room at top of mast but cant see anything. Any descriptions (idiot proof please!) or diagrams gratefully received.
Thanks in anticipation
Kevin

CHERRY PIE
Cruising

Post by CHERRY PIE » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:53 am

Hi Kevin,
There is a diagram of how we have our topping lift set up in Cherry Pie's Gallery if it helps.
Gary
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

Kevinbwilko
Making way

Thanks

Post by Kevinbwilko » Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:54 pm

Great, just the job and I think I have all those pulleys and cleats on the boom going spare! Noticed you have an aerial / windex type thing on top of mast. Is it just bent along the shaft to get vertical?

CHERRY PIE
Cruising

Post by CHERRY PIE » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:18 am

I ground a bit of pipe at an angle and added it to top and bottom so as to keep it straight.
Attachments
top of mast Windy.JPG
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

Kevinbwilko
Making way

Easy!

Post by Kevinbwilko » Wed Nov 03, 2010 8:42 pm

Oh why didn't I think of that ... well that's why we have a forum .. combined brain power!!!!!! >:D<

Sincere thanks, must write down the list of jobs to do this winter and get signed permission to play out!!

Kevin