Keel and Rudder Drawings

Discussions related to the tiller and/or keel.
tmackey
Under way

Keel and Rudder Drawings

Post by tmackey » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:49 am

Hi,
Are there any drawings available showing the dimensions of the keel plate and its cross- sectional profile and similarly for the rudder?
Tom

robvega
Cruising
Boat Name: Vega
Sail Number: 191

Post by robvega » Tue Apr 16, 2013 8:27 am

Tom,
Here is the keel, I thought this was on this site somewhere but I've found this in the old Yahoo group files. Someone was asking about the rudder dimensions back in November and we could'nt find them then!
Sorry
Rob
Attachments
scan.jpg
Rudder demensions

ianandtracey
Under way

keel offer

Post by ianandtracey » Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:19 pm

Hi,
I have my boat in bits restoring it all at the moment. Do you want me to do any measuring for you. i will try to upload before and after pics in the aries gallery.
Ian

tmackey
Under way

Post by tmackey » Wed Apr 17, 2013 10:22 am

Thanks a mill. Just got a S18 that I am going to restore. Just trying to sort out what I have and what is missing at the moment. I will, no doubt, be asking lots of questions over the coming months.
Tom

tmackey
Under way

Post by tmackey » Sun Apr 21, 2013 9:59 pm

The Swift I am restoring has come with a keel after all. However I am missing all the bit for lifting it ie screw and keel attachment brackets + all the winding parts that sit on top of the keel box. Any ideas as to how I could source these?
If I have to have them fabricated is there drawings available giving the dimensions? I have seen some photos on the Gallery that give me an idea of what they are like but no dimensions.
Also when the keel is fully down is its front face vertical or is it sloped back at an angle?
Tom

robvega
Cruising
Boat Name: Vega
Sail Number: 191

Post by robvega » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:34 pm

Tom,
Try contacting 'Mikeprojectboat', he built a new Swift from the molds recently and must have had the keel mechanism fabricated.
The keel is angled back by 15degrees from the vertical when fully down.
Hope this helps, good luck.
Rob

tmackey
Under way

Post by tmackey » Mon Apr 22, 2013 5:48 pm

Rob,
Thanks for that. I was talking to him.
Tom