Boat number

Seen a swift and want to locate the owner, try here
Woody
Anchored

Boat number

Post by Woody » Thu Apr 12, 2007 1:44 pm

Hi Guys

does anyone know where my boats number can be found. I have searched high and low both on the boat and via t'internet. How can i get hold of her number. :?:
Brokerage docs say she is a 1985. 'BeBop' is the name she had when I bought her. (and still is)

thanks Craig

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Thu Apr 12, 2007 7:09 pm

Hi Craig
I’ve had a look through the boat register for B-Bop but found nothing. A lot of boats were built without identification plates for some reason (Including mine but fortunately, I had an SSR number so I could identify the boat from that.) Numbers on sails can’t be completely relied on either because sometimes, as I’m sure you will realise, 2nd hand sails are fitted to boats. If you could trace any previous owners that would help but I guess you’ve twigged that one already. My boat was made in June 1985 and is 208 so your boat may be somewhere near that but numbers don’t always appear to go in chronological order. I think this is due to the number of different manufacturers building swifts at the time (I’m not exactly sure why this is.) Assuming the trailer is original, you may be able to add to the evidence of the boats build date if you can read the trailer plate (but this, of course, will only give a very rough idea.)
Sorry I can’t be of more help
Terry
Ps Nationwide Boat Sales sold my boat to the previous owner. When I enquired for any details they where very unhelpful and never replied to any of my emails!

Woody
Anchored

boat number

Post by Woody » Sat Apr 14, 2007 1:46 pm

Thanks Terry

It's not critical I would just have liked to know more info.

Good to know people will take time to answer queries.

Craig :wink:

johnsti
Under way

Nationwide Boat Sales

Post by johnsti » Thu Jun 07, 2007 11:02 pm

Hi Terry

If the Nationwide Boat Sales that you refer to is the one near Chesterfield which is only some 15 miles from me the reason you did not get a reply is that they have ceased trading - at least from the Chesterfield site which I understand is to be redeveloped for housing.

Ian