JaJa

An area for general chit chat on any old subject
artydan
Run aground

JaJa

Post by artydan » Sat Aug 08, 2009 12:44 pm

I logged into this site looking for Swift 18s or 20s for sale and was interested to find pictures of my old Swift, Dada, now JaJa. I was pleased to see her in fine condition as I sold her and that she is getting used.
I hope the new owners are pleased with her. I do miss the boat for sailing around the bay where I live and club racing.
I spent too much money on her with lots of new equipment and overhall of the cabin lining too. plus lots more. Had to seel her when I went to university which was a sad day.
Be good to hear an update on her.
dan

Charlie Smiff
Anchored

Re: JaJa

Post by Charlie Smiff » Thu Jan 13, 2011 1:09 am

I did the same thing, now wish I hadn't, though I was pleased to see that the new owners of "Count Down" are apparently enjoying her. I spent hours inumerable, spiffying her up with new windows and a total revamp of her interior, and fitting her with a solar panel and boarding ladder. If they want to sell her, or just get in touch for a yarn, they are more than welcome. Actually, the bloke I sold her to, sold her to her present owners, he didn't seem to get on with her.

Best, Charlie.

artydan wrote:I logged into this site looking for Swift 18s or 20s for sale and was interested to find pictures of my old Swift, Dada, now JaJa. I was pleased to see her in fine condition as I sold her and that she is getting used.
I hope the new owners are pleased with her. I do miss the boat for sailing around the bay where I live and club racing.
I spent too much money on her with lots of new equipment and overhall of the cabin lining too. plus lots more. Had to seel her when I went to university which was a sad day.
Be good to hear an update on her.
dan

cosmosswift

JAJA

Post by cosmosswift » Sun Oct 30, 2011 4:51 pm

Hi, I note various comments about JAJA. I have just completed her purchase and she is now in Cornwall. Various things I want to do this winter ready for
2012. Any past information on her would be much appreciated. Kind regards to all Swift Owners. Martin