impressed,

An area for general chit chat on any old subject
ahoy
Anchored

impressed,

Post by ahoy » Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:30 pm

only just joined but been reading a great deal from your site, looking for a boat ( like the sound of ja ja ) but im sold on swifts now! i dont think i have seen such a great following for a particular type of boat!! cant wait to get one and become 'part of the gang' jay.
Ahoy! Pembrokeshire.
www.pembrokeshirewatersports.co.uk
RYA power boat and sailing tuition.

melvmarine
Run aground

Post by melvmarine » Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:05 pm

Welcom Jay, You cannot go wrong with a Swift, they give hours of good sailing, Hope you purchase one soon. Melvmarine
I am an ex boatbuilder (Wood). Occupation now Marine Biologist.

mikeprojectboat
Cruising

Post by mikeprojectboat » Wed Jul 11, 2007 9:01 am

Thinking of launching soon,!!! do you tow with the mast on roof of the car,?OR on roof of the boat.? if onthe boat,you stand a good chance ofspearing something going around corners,? the photos I have ,all show the mast on the boat.? REGARDS MIKE IN WINDY NORFOLK, PS. LOOKS LIKE THE MOULDS WILL BE ON EBAY SOON,!!

Rondonay
Cruising

impressed,

Post by Rondonay » Wed Jul 11, 2007 3:59 pm

Amazing!! Wonderful. Where is the grand launch?Towing, lash the mast to pushpit & pulpit, mall overhang at tail and rest jutting over roof of car. That's what we do.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Wed Jul 11, 2007 5:05 pm

Ditto, but because I have a Mazda Bongo with a high roof, I have a gizmo that raises the mast about a foot above the push/pulpits. This allows me (when raising the mast) to slide it back to connect to the tabernacle without the spreaders catching all the various paraffinalia attached to the pushpin. Also, on tight bends in narrow lanes you do need to keep an eye open so that the part of the mast over the car roof doesn't catch trees etc. as it takes a wide line around the bend

simonandtanjabaker
Anchored

Post by simonandtanjabaker » Fri Jul 13, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Jay,

Also heartily recommend the Swift - yet to see a better looking or better performing trailer sailer of this size and being able to realistically tow behind a family saloon rather than a huge 4x4 is a key selling point. Good luck with your search...

Our boat Florian is up for sail - or at least will be when I have scrubbed the decks (we giving up trailering for something bigger). Florian is in good condition and well equipped - 5hp mariner, spinnaker, dsc radio, reinforced keel gear, good anchors, dodgers, etc. The trailer has a brand new braked axle and I've an A-frame for raising/lowering the mast.

I will follow up with some photos and an official posting in the for-sale section next week but hope to get £5000.

Simon