viewing a swift

An area for general chit chat on any old subject
paul
Run aground

viewing a swift

Post by paul » Mon Jul 02, 2007 9:17 pm

Hi, I have owned an enterprise dinghy, blackwater sloop and an invader 22, and then we had our children so boat ownership went "by the by" as they say, for a while anyway! I am trying to get back into it and from my desk top research trailer sailing seems to be the thing for me. A Swift 18 strikes me as good prospect from a budgetory as well as sailing scope point of view. However I have never had a chance to see one in the flesh or speak to somebody who has sailed one. Having sold two boats myself I could head for the classifieds but I don't think its very fair wasting vendor's time at this stage. So I was wondering whether there is anyone based on the East Coast who might be willing to have chat/entertain a visit (I live in Mid Essex). I am happy to travel a bit. Any offers? Many thanks in advance. Paul :?:

simonandtanjabaker
Anchored

Happy co-incidence

Post by simonandtanjabaker » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:57 pm

Hi Paul, By happy coincidence we are thinking of selling a Swift and are also based in Essex. I'm looking at moving on to something a little bigger but can heartily recommend the Swift. We have not made our final decision yet (although we are viewing a Stella this weekend) and have not yet advertised (nor spruced up) our Swift. However if you would like a chat or want to come for a sail to sample the joys of these excellent little boats I am happy to arrange something - without any obligations. Florian is at West Mersea which should be easy for someone in mid-Essex. Give you a chance to try before you make any final decision.

These boats seem to hold together very well but my advice would be pay attention to keel lifting gear (can be easily inspected with boat out of the water) and the condition of the trailer.

Simon Baker - North Essex

simonandtanjabaker
Anchored

Happy co-incidence

Post by simonandtanjabaker » Tue Jul 03, 2007 1:58 pm

Hi Paul, By happy coincidence we are thinking of selling a Swift and are also based in Essex. I'm looking at moving on to something a little bigger but can heartily recommend the Swift. We have not made our final decision yet (although we are viewing a Stella this weekend) and have not yet advertised (nor spruced up) our Swift. However if you would like a chat or want to come for a sail to sample the joys of these excellent little boats I am happy to arrange something - without any obligations. Florian is at West Mersea which should be easy for someone in mid-Essex. Give you a chance to try before you make any final decision.

These boats seem to hold together very well but my advice would be pay attention to keel lifting gear (can be easily inspected with boat out of the water) and the condition of the trailer.

Simon Baker - North Essex

paul
Run aground

viewing a swift

Post by paul » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:30 pm

Simon,

Thank you for your offer. Well what can I say, sounds the perfect solution. I am currently coming to the end of some building works on our house , so I am not quite ready to buy just yet. I thought I ll make use of the summer months, what a joke that has been sofar... I actually live in Chelmsford so only a short hop away. I am crewing this weekend so the first weekend I am around would be 14/15th July otherwise sometime in August. A weekday evening might also be possible but I think that might be a bit of push? Do you want to make contact by email and exchange some phone numbers? My email address (work) is paul.vandamme@chelmsford.gov.uk., this probably the more reliable one as I am having a few router problems at home and our internet connection is a bit on and off.
Once again many thanks for the offer and look fwd to hearing from you soon.
Paul