Noble Marine

Discussions about the best places to get insurance
noodle
Site Admin

Noble Marine

Post by noodle » Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:26 pm

Just had my insurance renewal from Noble Marine for keeping the boat on a swing mooring.

£117 which include a £7.35 premium for legal fees insurance group scheme.

Andy

nick
Run aground

insurance

Post by nick » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:09 am

My new insurance payment £112 Hard standing Slipway launch .Two years no claim bonus

nick
Run aground

insurance

Post by nick » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:12 am

My new insurance payment with SAGA £112 Hard standing Slipway launch .Two years no claim bonus

Nick Massey SUNSHINE

johnsti
Under way

Insurance

Post by johnsti » Wed Sep 05, 2007 7:05 pm

I've now finished renovating Curlew and relaunched her at Fowey in August after 20years standing on the hard at Fowey.
WhenI bought her she was in a miserable state so I only insured her for £1000 with Saga.
Fully refurbished inside and out with electrics added supporting VHF Nav lights GPS Plotter depth & log.
Standing and running rigging all renewed
Trailer also fully refurbished with new hubs brakes & wheels plus new section welded into a frame.
I have now asked Saga to increase my insurance cover to £5000 on the boat and equipment and £750 on the trailer but they are refusing to do so without a professional valuation.
I am reluctant to fork out for a valuation - especially as I live in Derbyshire!!

It would be helpful to know what levels of insurance others have taken out and whether surveys / valuations have been demanded

Ian

Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

Noble Marine

Post by Elwyn Williams » Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:28 pm

In a message dated 05/09/2007 20:06:17 GMT Daylight Time, forum-insurance@swift18.org writes:
I've now finished renovating Curlew and relaunched her at Fowey in August after 20years standing on the hard at Fowey.
WhenI bought her she was in a miserable state so I only insured her for £1000 with Saga.
Fully refurbished inside and out with electrics added supporting VHF Nav lights GPS Plotter depth & log.
Standing and running rigging all renewed
Trailer also fully refurbished with new hubs brakes & wheels plus new section welded into a frame.
I have now asked Saga to increase my insurance cover to £5000 on the boat and equipment and £750 on the trailer but they are refusing to do so without a professional valuation.
I am reluctant to fork out for a valuation - especially as I live in Derbyshire!!

It would be helpful to know what levels of insurance others have taken out and whether surveys / valuations have been demanded

Ian

Had the same problem with SAGA, using GJW Direct instead about the same financial levels as yours - good service have used them for the past 3 years a Self Stated condition statement suffices for them

Elwyn Williams

email :- elwynjrwilliams@aol.com

Tel:

Home 01386 831471
Mobile +447762 600486 (MMS Enabled)

This e-mail contains information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for attention and use of the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, take any action on this e-mail. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the sender does not accept legal responsibility for the contents or attachments of this message.
Elwyn Williams

email :- elwynjrwilliams@aol.com

Tel:

Home 01386 831471
Mobile +447762 600486 (MMS Enabled)

This e-mail contains information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for attention and use of the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, take any action on this e-mail. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the sender does not accept legal responsibility for the contents or attachments of this message.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
Elwyn Williams