General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
bob clarkson
Under way
Boat Name: Tarragon
Sail Number: 407

Re: Curious about Swifties demise

Post by bob clarkson » Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:41 pm

High All.
Well we made Saundersfoot mid September.
We arrived safe and well after getting lost near Crossgates mid Wales but that's another story😎.
The trailer and boat were fine.
On reaching Saundersfoot Harbour the relevant paperwork (insurance) checked and approved.
We started to unpack and rig the boat ready for launch.
Dispite several dry runs on brother Mike's from lawn it's somehow different on a slipway, had we left anything behind?
No, although it took a few hours to unravel our method of lashing all bits and bobs we launched and stood back to admire our moored boat with mast up and looking resplendent in the afternoon sun and full harbour.
On the Monday we had our first trip out on the 18 the outboard started as it should and then we slowly made our way to visitors moorings about half a mile out to sea. Sails up and reefed we left the mooring slowly to start our sailing experience.
Within the hour with reefs released we had full power and wow all the time and effort paid off as we truly had a great Christmas sailing experience and the weather was absolutely supurb all week.

wayfarer
Making way

Re: Curious about Swifties demise

Post by wayfarer » Thu Feb 27, 2020 12:28 pm

Hi i am still sailing my swift and enjoying every moment had Puffin for about 10years and no regrets great little boat. Unfortunately some despicable person stole my road trailer from Bridgemarsh Marina on the crouch if in area keep eye out cheers