1991 that was a good year for us!

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
CHERRY PIE
Cruising

1991 that was a good year for us!

Post by CHERRY PIE » Fri Feb 03, 2012 8:31 pm

Here is a Video of Ruth and I. We had just purchased our first boat with a lid on and we were very excited and really wet behind the ears. We owned her for 19 years and had some really great times on board.
Here is the video when we first got her home in 1991 we hope you find it of interest, we look back and find it really funny :D :D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... IpNYgiJaUg
BTW We didn't bring it back with the mast up ;)
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

BroadsMike
Under way

Post by BroadsMike » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:32 am

Hi Gary / Ruth
Yes you always have fond memories of your first boat we had a Hunter 19 called UHURA
It was a great sailer and taught us a lot about sailing, happy days

Mike / Julia

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:49 am

Hi Gary, Ruth & Skip
Happy days. Like you, I look back fondly to my Seren days. There's a lot to be said for cheap trailer sailing! Didn't Cherry pie look smart then?
Still, summers will soon be here. We must meet up again.
Terry
BroadsMike wrote:Hi Gary / Ruth
Yes you always have fond memories of your first boat we had a Hunter 19 called UHURA
It was a great sailer and taught us a lot about sailing, happy days

Mike / Julia

CHERRY PIE
Cruising

Post by CHERRY PIE » Sat Feb 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Hi Mike/Julia, I googled Hunter 19 it looks a nice little trailer sailer that would give a good performance and like the Swift 18 looks easy to launch.

Hi Terry, Yes Cherry Pie was like new back then, just over 6 years old and hardly used. As you know we put her to good use in the following years. We have a Video here of some of our travels in 1995 and I think you will find Port Dinorwic of interest (1992)...how it was before it was all developed around the dock. Look out for a Swift 21 or 23? called Carriadus in the video. See you in the summer months.
Here is the video link :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl ... 7s1wU2_52A
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18