ebay sails

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
mikeprojectboat
Cruising

ebay sails

Post by mikeprojectboat » Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:02 pm

For those wanting to get a sail cheap,you need to keep an eye out on ebay. Unusual amount of sails being listed, couple from a 22foot boat.Could be cut down,? Also a spnny at £ 10 50.!!! item290620315274 Regards to all Mike in sunny Norfolk(bit gusty,but ok for sailing)

John Hainsworth
Cruising

ebay sails

Post by John Hainsworth » Wed Oct 19, 2011 5:20 pm

Hi Mike,

Saw your mail and couldn't resist a reply.

I managed to repair my keel with a length of 20mm acme threaded rod and bronze bush, As I couldn't get the original fixing off I put my bush under the existing one after reaming out the thread on the old bush. There is room if you measure carefully . Now if I touch bottom the keel knocks up without disturbing the winch handle fitting.

I have also cut out the outboard well bottom and the outboard, a short shaft Yamaha Malta now hinges up inside the boat and no longer drags. (It used to bounce when I got going) The next job is to build up the inside of the well to prevent the scoop effect.I was in Poole Bay on Saturday sailing to Bournemouth Pier then Old Harry Rocks. lunch in Studland Bay and home for tea and all worked well.

Have you thought about converting your project boat to a masthead rig and reducing the keel to restore the balance.

Cheers John

On 19/10/2011 14:02, mikeprojectboat wrote:
For those wanting to get a sail cheap,you need to keep an eye out on ebay. Unusual amount of sails being listed, couple from a 22foot boat.Could be cut down,? Also a spnny at £ 10 50.!!! item290620315274 Regards to all Mike in sunny Norfolk(bit gusty,but ok for sailing)

No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2012.0.1831 / Virus Database: 2090/4557 - Release Date: 10/17/11
Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)