Swift 18 User Guide

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
Pompey
Anchored

Swift 18 User Guide

Post by Pompey » Sat Jul 23, 2011 5:58 pm

Hi
Although it is quite enjoyable working out the best way to use the many blocks, cleats and lines, it occurs to me that when the Swift 18 was released in the 80's, it must have been sold with a User Guide of some kind, taking any new owners through the setting up, adjusting and trailing etc. Has anyone come across such a document. Although all the main items are straight forward, there are some halyards, boom cleats and lines, deck blocks and fairleads not used. It would be really helpful to see a guide showing how the designers intended the boat to be rigged and sailed.
Any information on this rigging will be appreciated.
Thanks
Pompey

Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

Swift 18 User Guide

Post by Elwyn Williams » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:43 pm

Sorry to the rain on the parade but as one of the few original owners around SO16 from new when it came to “setting up” there was no user manual it was very much “learn as you go” there was a typed note on how & what to use to clean the boat but that was about it.

Elwyn Williams

Sent: 23 July 2011 18:58
To: forum-general@swift18.org
Subject: [Swift 18] Swift 18 User Guide

Hi
Although it is quite enjoyable working out the best way to use the many blocks, cleats and lines, it occurs to me that when the Swift 18 was released in the 80's, it must have been sold with a User Guide of some kind, taking any new owners through the setting up, adjusting and trailing etc. Has anyone come across such a document. Although all the main items are straight forward, there are some halyards, boom cleats and lines, deck blocks and fairleads not used. It would be really helpful to see a guide showing how the designers intended the boat to be rigged and sailed.
Thanks
Pompey

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
Elwyn Williams

Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

Swift 18 User Guide

Post by Elwyn Williams » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:44 pm

PS

I did obtain a Rigging / Sail Plan these are on the website somewhere, if you can’t find them, come back to me & I’ll see what I can do.

Elwyn

Sent: 23 July 2011 18:58
To: forum-general@swift18.org
Subject: [Swift 18] Swift 18 User Guide

Hi
Thanks
Pompey

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
Elwyn Williams