Website help

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
afkerr
Run aground

Website help

Post by afkerr » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:45 pm

I wonder if anyone can help.

I've been contacted by Ian Paterson who is trying to register onto the Swift website and then place an advert. He has been through the process of registering a name and pasword but after some time trying these are not regognised so he can't log in to proceed.

If anyone can assist could you either post a reeply to this or contact Ian direct at: inpaterson@btinternet.com

Many thanks

Alastair

noodle
Site Admin

Website help

Post by noodle » Thu Jul 21, 2011 11:14 pm

Hi Alastair,

I will take a look

Thanks for raising it

Andy

On 21/07/2011 21:45, afkerr wrote:
I wonder if anyone can help.

I've been contacted by Ian Paterson who is trying to register onto the Swift website and then place an advert. He has been through the process of registering a name and pasword but after some time trying these are not regognised so he can't log in to proceed.

If anyone can assist could you either post a reeply to this or contact Ian direct at: inpaterson@btinternet.com (inpaterson@btinternet.com)

Many thanks

Alastair

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Fri Jul 22, 2011 11:18 am

Hi Andy
While on the subject, two issues arise:

I have noticed that there are now quite a number of duplications of boat names on the register and suspect they are, in most cases, the same boat under different ownership. In the past, as a moderator, I have tried to sort this problem out but found that this was outside my control. Then when I sold my own boat I tried to update my details but found I could not do that either.

The second point is that some time ago I contacted you with a view to terminating my role as moderator but so far have heard nothing. I don’t actually do much as moderator, so I don’t know how important it is to have one. If you do think it useful I was wondering if any other member would like to take on the role.
Regards Terry
PS I still wish to remain a member.

noodle
Site Admin

Website help

Post by noodle » Sat Jul 23, 2011 8:35 am

Hi Terry,

I hope you are keeping well

I will see what I can do regarding the duplicate boat list, I think I will have to send an email to the members to ask who is the correct owner in the case of duplicates :-)

Sorry I forgot to remove your moderation status, I have now done that.

Thanks

Andy

On 22/07/2011 12:18, Terry wrote:
Hi Andy
While on the subject, two issues arise:

I have noticed that there are now quite a number of duplications of boat names on the register and suspect they are, in most cases, the same boat under different ownership. In the past, as a moderator, I have tried to sort this problem out but found that this was outside my control. Then when I sold my own boat I tried to update my details but found I could not do that either.

The second point is that some time ago I contacted you with a view to terminating my role as moderator but so far have heard nothing. I don’t actually do much as moderator, so I don’t know how important it is to have one. If you do think it useful I was wondering if any other member would like to take on the role.
Regards Terry
PS I still wish to remain a member.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)