She's left me

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
Terry
Cruising

She's left me

Post by Terry » Fri Jan 14, 2011 5:50 pm

Today I ended my 6 year relationship with Seren. I can't help thinking that I've done the wrong thing. I've had a lot of fun with her over the years. I only hope that Mike (her new purchaser) will get as much out of her as I did. Still, life goes on and so my attention can turn to my new boat Sassa (Sadler 25). Of course I will still poke my nose into the swift site from time to time (you won't get rid of me that easily.) :(
Terry

CHERRY PIE
Cruising

Post by CHERRY PIE » Fri Jan 14, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi Terry,

What was it Will Shakespeare said "Parting is such sweet sorrow".

For those who missed out... Cherry Pie is still for sale >:D<

Good Luck with Sassa
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

Charlie Smiff
Anchored

She's Left Me.

Post by Charlie Smiff » Sun Jan 16, 2011 12:02 am

Hmmmmm, well I am sort of looking for a Swift, that is to say that a really top notch one would be of great interest to me.

I suppose I am looking for a boat that has been really well looked after, a pristine interior, and dry buoyancy foam. really good trailer. I might have to pay more than the usual 4250k-4750k that Swifts seem to change hands for if they are reasonable, but I don't mind that, at least I wouldn't mind for the right boat.

Anybody know of a boat like that for sale?

Best, Charlie.

CHERRY PIE
Cruising

Post by CHERRY PIE » Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:03 am

This one perhaps?

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/PAA5611

not sure if the link works its on with boats and outboards a little more than you indicate you would like to pay £6000.00 but could tick all your boxes.
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

Charlie Smiff
Anchored

Post by Charlie Smiff » Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:41 pm

Yes, I had seen it, but viewed 2396 times might indicate that she is long gone, the ad has been on there some time I think? Also not keen on her having no pushpit, I might find it difficult to board her over the stern without one to grab hold of.

I think I may have mentioned it somewhere hereabout before, but I am the bloke that re-fitted "Countdown", I then sold her to Hugh Brading in a fit of something or other??? I put an awful lot of work into her, sorting the linings, new windows, solar panel, and many other things too. I have regretted selling her ever since really, but I am glad to see that her current owner seems to be enjoying her immensely! At least judging by the big beamy smile on his face in his photo album on here.

Hugh didn't seem to get on with her at all, I might have bought her back from him , but I needed the funds for other things at the time. Still if the current owner thinks he might want to sell her he could always get in touch with me via these pages, or he could PM me?

Best, Charlie.

CHERRY PIE wrote:This one perhaps?

http://www.boatsandoutboards.co.uk/view/PAA5611

not sure if the link works its on with boats and outboards a little more than you indicate you would like to pay £6000.00 but could tick all your boxes.

sfarrell
Under way

She's left me!!

Post by sfarrell » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:31 am

Hi Terry,
Firstly, not been on the website for a while... work (yawn) commitments etc. So just seen your latest post. So commiserations and congratulations in order. Sad to see Seren go, but not entirely surprised by choice of new boat. As, if and when we decide to upscale, a Sadler would probably be our first boat of choice. Very attractive boat, don't let our lovely "Arabesque" hear me say that. Especially with her new for 2011 main!
Anyway,all the very best with "Sassy" we'll have to check you out at Abermenai, and take a photo or two. See you soon.
Simon & Janet "Arabesque"
PS
Gary Ruth and Skip,
If you read this, the sentimants are the same, all the best with Juicy Blue!
Happy sailing for 2011!! :-)