A Swift Departure (Cherry Pie For Sale)

General chat of non-technical subjects related to sailing
CHERRY PIE
Cruising

A Swift Departure (Cherry Pie For Sale)

Post by CHERRY PIE » Sat Sep 25, 2010 8:39 pm

After much deliberation we have decided to place our beloved Swift 18 “Cherry Pie” on the market. We have owned her since 1992 and had loads of fun and had many an adventure taking in trips from Conwy to the Isle of Man, trailing to the West Coast of Scotland visiting Tobermory and various Lochs. Cherry Pie has played a big part in our lives. In 2009 our best friend “Skipper” :o3 arrived he is a Working Cocker Spaniel and albeit he enjoys life on board his demands to go ashore at 23:00 hours and 05:30 hours whilst we are moored in the middle of Conwy Harbour is no joke…especially if it’s blowing a hooley and raining (which seems to be the norm lately), X( perhaps in hindsight we should have thought more about those difficulties. Life after Cherry Pie has been debated with thoughts of a touring caravan with a Topper sailing dinghy on the roof rack (“I don’t think so”) and loads of walkies with Skip “its easy to just let him out of the door”… says Ruth %-( . After 30 years we still enjoy our visits to Conwy and sailing (when its nice), so in order to redress the “Status Quo” I err that is… we have decided the best way forward is a bigger boat with more room for “Skipper” his own bed and a berth in the marina (a place that for us would take some getting used to!) such an arrangement will make it easier for Ruth to help “Skipper” to take care of his business. Ruth says we are getting a bit too old for sailing, (speak for yourself) I reminded her L-) that Sir Francis Chichester did not start sailing until he was 65 years of age and voyaged around the world (no he didn’t have a Cocker Spaniel on board!) It will be very sad day when we have to wave goodbye to “Cherry Pie” however if the next owner has half as much fun as we have had then that will compensate a little. An advert offering “Cherry Pie for sale will appear in the sales/wanted section. “Cherry Pie” is now at home (Stoke on Trent) and we are now on the hunt for a Parker 235.STOP PRESS Other boat now aquired.
Cherry Pie now sold
Last edited by CHERRY PIE on Sat Jan 29, 2011 10:47 am, edited 2 times in total.
Gary/Ruth & Skipper who used to sail a Swift 18

sfarrell
Under way

A Swift departure

Post by sfarrell » Mon Sep 27, 2010 12:41 pm

Gary, Ruth & Skip,
A sad day indeed. I hope Skipper is feeling suitably chastened...
Perhaps its not so much a case of "We need a bigger boat, but more of Skip needs a bigger holding tank!!"
Hope the boat ad includes Welsh Dresser, Patio Windows and 42" Plasma screen Telly. These are all cleverly installed in the elastic confines of Cherry Pie, I know cos I have seen. (Slight exaggeration on the size of the telly perhaps)
Seriously, hope all goes well and maybe we could have a 2011 Swift regatta with a Parker tag-along section. Must check with Terry!
Good Luck
Simon & Janet "ARABESQUE"

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:11 pm

Actually, I think that Gary & Ruth should only be allowed to sell to someone as nice as them but lives nearer to Port Dinorwic.

sfarrell
Under way

A Swift departure

Post by sfarrell » Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:13 am

Aye aye to that.
Minus the sausage snaffling pooch!!!