Berths in South Devon

Share your favourite launch sites. Maybe also place a picture of it in the gallery and link it to your post.
Terry
Cruising

Berths in South Devon

Post by Terry » Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:18 am

|Received the following email. Can anyone help?
"Hi,

I am considering purchasing a Swift 18, but finding a berth is proving to be rather difficult.

Would it be possible to ask your membership whether they know of any suitable berths in the South Devon area?

Thank you for your assistance.

Kind regards

Tim"

nickf
Under way

Post by nickf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 6:55 pm

I am a member of the Axe Yacht Club at Seaton I now have apontoon but I believe the waiting list is about 5 years but until recently I trailer launched my Swift from their large ramp, fees circa £200 including parking for 6 months and about £90 for winter storage Have a look at their web siteAxe Yacht Club.
Probably no waiting list for trailer launch, I am in my 60s and did not find it problematical by myselfto launch and recover
It is all very friendly , you dont have to enter any races if you dont want to, conditions are mainly safety based all very convivialExmouth has a waiting list of 8 years
Lyme Regis has also a long waiting list for mooring in the Harbour, I have been told 8 years
Nicholas

nickf
Under way

Post by nickf » Thu Oct 14, 2010 7:26 pm

to be absolutely clear the summer fees include storage on a secure site , mast up engine on and you can launch and recover at any time when the tides are ok Modern Club House and facilities
If you are really keen I could show you round
Nicholas

yoty
Making way

Births

Post by yoty » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:18 pm

Plenty of room up the lovely Tamar!!

If you would rather be in Plymouth Sound try C Cloads yard in Stonehouse.

Barry