New Website

Important group announcements
noodle
Site Admin

New Website

Post by noodle » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:27 pm

Hi,

I have been promising a new website for some time now, unfortunately this has been severely delayed due to technical problems the ISP (which hosts the website) has been having in getting it's new web server platform operational. This new web server platform is required to host the new more user friendly Swift 18 website.

The latest communication from the ISP suggests they have almost finished testing so hopefully by the new year I will be able to launch the new site.

Apologies for the long delay

Andy

storm
Under way
Boat Name: Countdown
Sail Number: 321

Post by storm » Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:39 pm

I would just like to thank you for all your hard work in keeping this website going. It is a valuable resource for all of us who own Swift's.
Regards,
Norman

Rodrigo
Run aground

New Website

Post by Rodrigo » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:34 pm

I fully agree with the previous poster's comments and look forward to viewing the new site.

It can provide a very effective way for like-minded Swift 18 owners to keep in touch and share valuable know-how.

Your efforts are much appreciated.

HaggardPete
Run aground

Seconded

Post by HaggardPete » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:44 pm

Very much agree, Thanks for the hard work
Off to the pub...

steve
Anchored

web site

Post by steve » Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:34 pm

Can i add my thanks too, the web site was a very valuable resource when i was refitting Luka. I also sail a Solo and the abilty to share problem with like minded people who have poften been through the pain in arriving at a solution is a god send.
Steve
Luka

Cranky
Run aground

New Website

Post by Cranky » Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:54 am

Andy - I agree with other that this site represents a great resource for Swift owners, and I found it very useful during the three seasons that I owned a Swift 23.

I wonder whether you could create a small section for the Swift 23 (and I think there was also a 20?) – there were probably only a dozen or so but it’s a brilliant boat and I’m sure owners would appreciate a “home” on the web. Perhaps you could add a phrase to the introductory paragraph “This site offers a home for all owners and sailors of the Swift 18 ....... and also the Swift 20 and Swift 23 which have much in common with the Swift 18”

Sadly I no longer have the Swift 23, so would you please remove me from the forum. John

Sent: 16 November 2009 18:27
To: forum-announcements@swift18.org
Subject: [Swift 18] New Website

Hi,

I have been promising a new website for some time now, unfortunately this has been severely delayed due to technical problems the ISP (which hosts the website) has been having in getting it's new web server platform operational. This new web server platform is required to host the new more user friendly Swift 18 website.

The latest communication from the ISP suggests they have almost finished testing so hopefully by the new year I will be able to launch the new site.

Apologies for the long delay

Andy

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)
Looking to share information and experiences with other Swift 23 owners