"whacker" still leaking!

Discussions related to the general maintenance of Swifts i.e. GRP repairs, headlings etc
Rondonay
Cruising

"whacker" still leaking!

Post by Rondonay » Wed May 14, 2008 6:52 am

We have had water in from the keel box when the boat has four adults on board. Recent work on the keel may have fixed this, I haven't checked yet. I guess the combination of mud suction & incoming tide could have an effect similar to the pressure of four folk aboard.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

"whacker" still leaking!

Post by Elwyn Williams » Wed May 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Yes found it to be caused by self tapping screws into Keel box to retain cover. - remove Drilled oy a little & refiberglassed no problems since

Elwyn Williams

email :- elwynjrwilliams@aol.com

Tel:

Home 01386 831471
Mobile +447762 600486 (MMS Enabled)

This e-mail contains information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for attention and use of the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, take any action on this e-mail. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the sender does not accept legal responsibility for the contents or attachments of this message.

Elwyn Williams

Elwyn Williams
Making way
Boat Name: Apus Melba
Sail Number: K9202Y

"whacker" still leaking!

Post by Elwyn Williams » Wed May 14, 2008 8:04 pm

Yes found it to be caused by self tapping screws into Keel box to retain cover. - remove Drilled oy a little & refiberglassed no problems since

Elwyn Williams

email :- elwynjrwilliams@aol.com

Tel:

Home 01386 831471
Mobile +447762 600486 (MMS Enabled)

This e-mail contains information some or all of which may be legally privileged. It is for attention and use of the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected this e-mail, please notify the author by replying to this e-mail. If you are not the intended recipient you must not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print, take any action on this e-mail. Internet communications are not secure and therefore the sender does not accept legal responsibility for the contents or attachments of this message.

Elwyn Williams

Simon Weston
Anchored

Flanged (plastic/poly) cups

Post by Simon Weston » Mon May 26, 2008 7:31 pm

Hi everyone,

I am planning to remove the keel when the boat is back on the trailer and was wondering if it is possible to purchase new flanged (plastisc/poly) cups which the keel bolt slides through? Has anyone had to replace them?

Thanks

Simon