replacing vinyl linings

Discussions related to the general maintenance of Swifts i.e. GRP repairs, headlings etc
dewaard
Under way

replacing vinyl linings

Post by dewaard » Wed Jun 13, 2007 9:52 pm

I'm about to reline part of my Swifts 18's interior. Just got some fantastic swatch samples from a company in Andover ('Boyriven') with all their marine vinyls. They have all the material one would wish for and at a very reasonable price.

Does anyone know if all the vinyl on Swifts was originally 3mm foam backed stuff? Was some 6mm foam backed? Were some areas not foam backed at all eg bulkhead and head linings for example where the vinyl goes onto removal wooden backing board?? Anyone had any experience in doing relining....any advise appreciated

Cheers

Jim

Rondonay
Cruising

replacing vinyl linings

Post by Rondonay » Wed Jun 13, 2007 10:30 pm

Hi Cabin roof unlined vinyl, tumblehomes(sides) foam backed. I have no idea whether it's 3mm or 6mm but my betting is on 3mmHope the job goes well.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:31 pm

I think it was 4mm but I used 6mm. There's quite a bit of info on headlining if you root around in the old yahoo messages but there's no index so you might find it easier if you log onto the old swift yahoo site and do a search for headlinings (my thread on the subject was 'joining the posh set')