windlas rotation direction?

Discussions related to sails etc
dewaard
Under way

windlas rotation direction?

Post by dewaard » Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:49 pm

I am currently refitting a Swift 18. I have stripped down and serviced the windlas's and am ready to refit them, but now I'm not sure which one goes on which side!!, I should have labled them in some way when I removed them.

Its important so the ratchet mechanism works as intended. I need someone to confirm the direction of rotation i.e. should the windlass turn clockwise or anticlockwise. Assume we are talking about the starboard windlass....once I know this, the other windlass will be for the port side.

Any advise would be appreciated. I don't want to put them back the wrong sides!

Thanks

Jim

gff_cook
Making way

SPAM-LOW: windlas rotation direction?

Post by gff_cook » Wed Jul 04, 2007 10:03 pm

If by the windlasses you mean the winches, both on my early Swift (No 60) only rotate clockwise.

Happy sailing

Geoff Cook (Quadrille)

Sent: 04 July 2007 22:50
To: forum-sails@swift18.org
Subject: SPAM-LOW: [Swift 18] windlas rotation direction?

I am currently refitting a Swift 18. I have stripped down and serviced the windlas's and am ready to refit them, but now I'm not sure which one goes on which side!!, I should have labled them in some way when I removed them.

Its important so the ratchet mechanism works as intended. I need someone to confirm the direction of rotation i.e. should the windlass turn clockwise or anticlockwise. Assume we are talking about the starboard windlass....once I know this, the other windlass will be for the port side.

Any advise would be appreciated. I don't want to put them back the wrong sides!

Thanks

Jim

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)