Trailer

Discussions related to Swift trailers
surf6ne
Anchored

Trailer

Post by surf6ne » Fri May 25, 2007 8:29 am

My trailer is probably the original with the boat and is no longer roadworthy. I am unsure if I should have it repaired or replace it. First part of the investigation needs to be to find out what it will cost to buy a new one. Can anyone recommend a trailer manufacturer/supplier? Any advice?

Thanks

Simon
(Aquavite)

Rondonay
Cruising

Trailer

Post by Rondonay » Fri May 25, 2007 3:56 pm

SBS made our original trailer and still make most of the spares necessary, I got a price list from them, no problem. I am planning to take it into Indespension for a service & make a decision about what I need to do from the results of the service.Hope this helps. :0)

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)

surf6ne
Anchored

Trailer

Post by surf6ne » Fri May 25, 2007 9:42 pm

Thanks for the reply. Very useful.

Something I forgot to ask - what weight does the trailer need to take? I'm not sure why I've got the figure of 700kg in my mind + (say) 150kg for outboard, rubber tender + kit - does that sound about right?

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Fri May 25, 2007 10:03 pm

My original SBS trailer plate gives a max tyre capacity weight of 1286kg and has an unladened weight of 257kg which I suppose means it has a max carrying capacity of about 1000kgs (I think thats right) I replaced the comlete axle, brakes and tow hitch for about £300 (found a tow hitch in a skip which needed a new damper at £48 but otherwise OK). I did it myself and it wasn't a big job. I also put the lot on a weigh bridge and it came in at 1140kgs.
Terry
Attachments
Trailer plate.jpg