Out board lift

Discussions related to outboard engines
shaun
Under way

Out board lift

Post by shaun » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Has anyone came up with an idea of how to keep there engine out of the water when moored up? In my club most of the boats angle there engines up out of the water when moored, but I have to leave mine in, or pick it up and leave it in the cockpit. Its just I dont want it left in the salt water when the boat is not being used

Terry
Cruising

Post by Terry » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:05 pm

Both myself and inventor Simon (Arabesque) have made a wooden stand that fits in the cabin snugly between the keel box and berth so that the engine can be stored vertically (as recommended.) I've, also, drilled a small hole in the companion way pillar so I can tie it in place.
In addition, I have a large plastic container (stored at home) so every now and then I can bring it down to the boat with 20lts of fresh water. I can then set up the stand in the cockpit and use the container to flush the motor (only recommended on calm days!)
I suppose this needs pictures to really see what I'm on about.

gff_cook
Making way

Out board lift

Post by gff_cook » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:20 pm

No - that's pretty clear, and sounds like a good idea.

Geoff

Sent: 22 September 2009 16:05
To: forum-outboards@swift18.org
Subject: [Swift 18] Re: Out board lift

Both myself and inventor Simon (Arabesque) have made a wooden stand that fits in the cabin snugly between the keel box and berth so that the engine can be stored vertically (as recommended.) I've, also, drilled a small hole in the companion way pillar so I can tie it in place.
In addition, I have a large plastic container (stored at home) so every now and then I can bring it down to the boat with 20lts of fresh water. I can then set up the stand in the cockpit and use the container to flush the motor (only recommended on calm days!)
I suppose this needs pictures to really see what I'm on about.

Post generated using Mail2Forum (http://www.mail2forum.com)