Jib Sheet winching

Discussions relating to rigging
Terry
Cruising

Jib Sheet winching

Post by Terry » Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:02 am

My jib sheets are wearing away the gelcoat just as they wind onto the winch on both sides of the cabin roof (more noticeable when the cars are set well back). Does anyone else have this problem and found a solution?

robvega
Cruising
Boat Name: Vega
Sail Number: 191

Post by robvega » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:24 pm

Hi Terry
I,ve been reading through some of the old Swift association newsletters & in NL039, a guy called Cambell Cowan writes about some of the mods he,s done to his 400 series Swift. One of the things he,s done is to raise the Genoa tracks by about 1" to get a better angle onto the winch. His picture 7 on page 11 of the newsletter shows this, its not very clear but the sheet would appear to clear the coachroof.
Have a look!
Rob

robvega
Cruising
Boat Name: Vega
Sail Number: 191

Post by robvega » Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:25 pm

Hi Terry
I,ve been reading through some of the old Swift association newsletters & in NL039, a guy called Cambell Cowan writes about some of the mods he,s done to his 400 series Swift. One of the things he,s done is to raise the Genoa tracks by about 1" to get a better angle onto the winch. His picture 7 on page 11 of the newsletter shows this, its not very clear but the sheet would appear to clear the coachroof.
Have a look!
Rob